Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wilco the Blog Post

I won't say I've been "anxiously" awaiting word on what the next Wilco album (coming out in late June, apparently) will be called, because I've got many anxiety-inducing things going on in my life and an album name is not really up high on that list. I will say I was "eager" to hear, though.

Well, now word is that it'll be called "Wilco (The Album)". It's clever, what with there being a track called Wilco The Song on it and all, but I'm just a teensy, tiny bit disappointed. I mean, check out the track listing (in order, according to the band's site):

Wilco The Song
Deeper Down
One Wing
Bull Black Nova
You And I
You Never Know
Country Disappeared
Solitaire
I'll Fight
Sunny Feeling
Everlasting

"Bull Black Nova" is a totally boss song name. The album name is still cool, but...eh.

Anyway, I absolutely cannot fucking wait for this to drop, if only because "You and I" is going to be the greatest song of all time. Jeff Tweedy + Feist? I don't think it gets any better than that. Oh, and when they played "Wilco The Song" on The Colbert Report, I greedily lapped it up. Late June, where are you?

No comments: