Sunday, April 19, 2009

On The Half-Blood Prince

First of all, I know you just said you were streaming it, Hulu, but...some of us were watching The Office at 9 p.m. EDT, and waited until the commercial break. So, that was sort of a dick move. "WATCH IT HERE SO EXCITING ZOMG WE'RE NOT EVEN GOING TO TAKE DOWN THE 'WATCH THIS NOW' MARQUEE!" Lame.

As for the trailer itself, well:

This is going to be the most awesome movie ever since Iron Man. (I loved that movie with an unhealthy, greedy love.) While I still have a few doubts about various little things (shut up, Fairy Voldemort*), visually, it looks like it'll be fantastic. Draco looks appropriately haggard and sickly, "Groovy" Dumbledore is always awesome, and the Inferi are apparently Smeagol clones.

*I don't mean Voldemort is gay, I mean he literally behaves like a fairy, flitting about and talking in that completely unmenacing voice that completely ruins the entire experience for me. Seriously, all Ralph Fiennes had to do was talk like he did in Red Dragon or something, and it would have been great. Oh, and not move around like a mythical female bug thing. Sigh.

No comments: