Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sumner Redstone Lays the Smackdown On...Everyone

I think Sumner Redstone just beat out (Not) Ben Sylverman as my favorite entertainment exec. The Hollywood Reporter gathered a bunch of quotes from him from his appearance on Larry King and some other even in LA.

The best ones are:

"CSI will beat the hell out of [Leno]."

"I'm not going to die. I'm going to live forever." (He's 86, so he just might.)

I mean, he's completely right about Leno going down. Old people (and my parents) love their CSI. But is this how you get to be a hojillionaire? That sort of confidence is almost enviable. And it's not like he's spouting off about how The Unit is going to change the ratings landscape. He's got his sure bets (Paramount will probably have a really good year), and he's not afraid to rub them in your face.

No comments: