Sunday, May 25, 2008

In the beginning

I can't even imagine how many blogs have that title for their first post. Oh well.

This blog has been sitting here, empty, since October, apparently. I had completely forgotten about its creation, even to the extent of not knowing how the hell I'd come up with its name, or what it meant. Yes, I preemptively out-witted myself. According to dictionary.com, "supervenous" does not exist as a word. However, there is a verb form, "to supervene." Here follows the definition:

"1. to take place or occur as something additional or extraneous (sometimes fol. by on or upon).
2. to ensue."

So there you have it.

I created this thing at a tumultuous time. You know, one of those times when your life gets blown to hell and you sit there for a bit, looking at all the pieces floating down. That was a while ago, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten everything back together now, but this will probably be a good diagnostic.

So, here you'll find:
Commentary on entertainment news
Musings on the state of television
Musings on Life Itself (I promise not to wax pretentious...or at least try not to)
Tidbits and eavesdroppings

I can't promise regular updates for a few weeks, since I'm still in school. After that, game on, Internet. Game on.

No comments: