Monday, June 8, 2009

Neil Patrick Harris Is the Greatest

Having finally gotten around to watching How I Met Your Mother and concluding that it is, in fact, legen-

(wait for it; and I hope you're not lactose-intolerant, because the second half of that word is...)

-DAIRY, I naturally fell totally in love with Neil Patrick Harris. Granted, I was already sort of in love after the wonderfulness of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and his SNL episode, but he's so fantastic as Barney Stinson that I'm able to forget my current heartache (long story). In less capable hands (both in terms of writing and acting), Barney would be just another cad. But his evolution this last season into the conflicted, adorable--though still masculine--man has been completely natural and believable. So, you know...Kudos.

And now, after YouTube-ing his magnificent Tony closing number, I came. Across. This:



This must be integrated into the show. Maybe we can have an episode where they all want to go see a show on Broadway, but they each want to see a different one and somehow Marshall and Barney find common ground in their Les Mis love. Look, I don't care how it happens, it just needs to. So, uh, CALL ME, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas. I'll help you out.

No comments: